821, Wave Silver Tower, Noida, Delhi NCR

Canadian PR Visa For Students

Check Eligibility

Canada PR For Students

Canada offers a wide scope of choices of Indian students to get PR post completing their studies in Canada. In case that you are enrolled in any Canadian university for 2 years minimum and is fulfilling all the certifications/ documentation requirements that migration officers requests you, then you are qualified for the Canada PR.

Indian students with previous study history in Canada, who have passed on from prestigious Canadian schools and colleges, can directly apply for permanent visas and settle in the country permanently. Following are the 3 classes that are available for the international students to apply for Canada PR:

  1. Canadian Experience Class:

Indian students who have earned a degree or attended a post-secondary school on a full-time premise are qualified to apply for PR visa in Canada under this program. Additionally, there is one necessity of finishing your course and obtaining a job offer that is valid. After gaining experience in any Canadian firms, international students can apply under this program.

  1. Quebec Experience Class:

Indian students who have studied in any Quebec university and have finished a Bachelor's, Masters or a Ph.D. level degree and have a level of capability in French and English are appropriate to apply under this program. Indian students don't have to have any earlier work experience to get qualified for this program. Thus, one can directly apply for Quebec experience class after completing their whole degree in Quebec.

  1. Provincial Nomination Program (PNP):

Indian students who have completed their post-secondary program from Canadian universities be it from anywhere in Canada, for example, Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Newfoundland, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island are appropriate to apply under this program. A few of the PNPs would require work or professional training or an employment offer in the region where the degree was acquired from. Otherwise, you can go ahead and apply under the PNPs for PR after completion of your course. The best advantage that this program offers is that, under this program, Indian students can gain the status of PR quicker than some other program mentioned.

  1. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

The FSW program is one of the most popular program which is point based i.e., it uses Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score to naturally rank up the candidates against each other. So if you meet the qualification prerequisites of having work experiences post your study, then FSW can be an extraordinary pathway to turning into a PR holder.

It ought to be noticed that the FSW program requires that candidates to demonstrate that they have at least a year of full-time, persistent, work experience. For those students who have never entered any job market or has no working experience, this program is incompatible.


Do I need a permit to study in Canada?

Yes, to study in Canada, you need a study permit. The first step to obtain this permit is to apply to Canadian universities for admission acknowledgments. When you got the acknowledgment letter from the college, you can continue to the following stage, which is applying for the permit.

The study permit terminates 90 days after your final examinations are done. You can stay in Canada to travel or work. For this, you need to apply for a work grant, which permits you to take a full time work, and extend your stay in the country. You can also apply for Canada PR visa for permanent settlement.

I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?

Yes, you can. In fact, most of the Indian students in Canada work along studying. You can work for as long as 20 hours of the week, and full-time during planned breaks, without a work grant. Working while at the same time studying can assist you with supporting yourself and meet new people. Also, this will help you in your pursuit of employment later on as it will give you some hand on experience.

As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?

Yes you can. However, you cannot use your study visa document as your travelling document. You need to apply for a visitor visa for that.

When should I apply for my study permit?

Before you apply for your study permit, you need:

  • A letter of acknowledgment from any Canadian designate learning institution (DLI)
  • A legitimate visa/passport or other travel records

A designated learning institution is a school or college endorsed by either federal or the provincial government. If you intend to go to a school or college in Quebec, then go through the guidelines given by the Quebec government.

How do I apply for a study permit?

Stepwise process to apply for a study permit :

  1. Settle on a college to apply to and get your acknowledgment letter. In case you're as yet not certain where you need to study in Canada, you should choose before you can begin your visa application process. In the wake of being acknowledged at a Canadian college, you'll get an acknowledgment letter required for the visa.
  1. Start your application for the Canadian study visa after you get the acknowledgment letter from the college.
  1. Set up every necessary document for the visa along with dully filled study visa application.
  1. Meet the language necessities for the Canadian study visa; except if you originate from an English nation. Canadian colleges will expect you to submit verification of English language. Acknowledged language tests are:
  • Cambridge English: Advanced
  1. Biometrics arrangement is the last step. Contingent upon the prerequisites for your nation of origin, you may need to appear at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) in your nation to have your biometrics taken.

I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?

Yes you can. There could be 2 possibilities when you return to Canada. In case that your study grant has processed already, Canadian authorities may let you enter as a student. In case authorities are yet to do the processing of your extension request, they may let you enter as a guest. Here, you will go through the routine treatment as given to any other guest arriving in Canada.

I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?

If you are studying in a post-secondary college, then you need not apply for a fresh permit even if you change your college. However, if you are studying in a high school, then you need to apply for a fresh permit while remaining in Canada. You can simply do so against a fee. So depending on your level of education, your permit can be changed with the change in college/school.

Need Immigration Help?

Book a consultation and start your immigration process now!

Call: +91 844-844-1085

Book a Consultation

Request Free Consultation

Get in Touch with Oneclick Visas


Our Location

-821, Wave Silver Tower, Noida Sector 18, Delhi NCR

-402, AEON Complex, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad

Let’s Talk

Phone : +91 98215 333 09

Phone : +91 98 1874 0875

Working Hours

Mon – Fri: 9:30am – 6:30pm

Sat: 9:30am – 7:30pm

Oneclick has 1500+ positive reviews

Google - 450

Rating 5/5

Facebook - 2300

Like 5/5

Justdial -120

Rating 5/5

Sulekha - 150

Rating 5/5

Trustpilot - 60

Rating 5/5

Youtube - 83K

Views 5/5

Google - 450

Rating 5/5

Facebook - 2300

Likes 5/5

Justdial -120

Rating 5/5

Sulekha - 150

Rating 5/5

Trustpilot - 60

Rating 5/5

Youtube - 83K

Views 5/5

Oneclick Visas is India’s most popular visa and immigration consultancy that laid its foundation brick back in 2007. Our consultancy offers various services in the field of immigration and visa processing such as IELTS preparation, overseas job placement assistance, express entry filling and many more. Globally, we have different branches in countries like Canada with over 1000+ immigration staff engaged to provide you the most hassle free experience. Overall, we have 40,000 happy clients that are settled in Canada and are living their best life. We are pioneers in providing Canada Express Entry Visa, Work Permits, Study Visas, etc. Call us now and we shall mentor you to increase your immigration score for a faster visa approval. So give us a call today!