For all the students willing to study in Canada, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have just announced three major measures to help individuals who wish to pursue Canadian education and work opportunities.
Every year, over 130,000 international students choose to study at Canadian universities. In addition to a high-quality education system, Canada also provides numerous possibilities and vibrant culture. Research, scientific publications, and international collaborations are three of the main aspects that Canada and its academic institutions focus on.
But how difficult is it to get the student visa, also known as a Canadian study permit, for Canada? Figuring this out will play a crucial role when you decide where you want to study. So, what do you have to do to get your student visa for Canada, and how difficult is it?
The Canadian government has introduced the following three new measures on Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) eligibility for international students pursuing their Canadian educational programs online due to the COVID-19.
1. Students can now study online while overseas up until April 30, 2021, with no time deducted from the length of their PGWP, so long as they complete 50 per cent of their studies in Canada.
2. Students who have signed up for a program that is 8-12 months in duration with a start date from May to September 2020 will be able to complete their entire program abroad and still be eligible for a PGWP.
3. Students who enrolled in a program with a start date between May and September 2020 and study online up to April 30, 2021, and who graduate from more than one eligible program may be able to combine the length of their programs of study when they apply for a PGWP, as long as 50 per cent of the studies are completed in Canada.
This program is highly in-demand among individuals who wish to study in Canada. After a student completes an eligible program at a Canadian designated learning institution (in university or college), they can obtain a PGWP for a maximum duration of three years. The ultimate duration of the PGWP for a maximum duration of three years. This duration depends on the length of time the student studied at a Canadian DLI.
The PGWP enables these former international students to then work for any Canadian employer. Former students hoping to become Canadian permanent residents seek this support to gain work experience and enhance their Canadian immigration chances.
Getting Canadian work experience can further increase the chances of getting permanent residency under different immigration pathways such as Express Entry’s Canadian Experience Class program. This will further provide you with additional points under Express Entry’s Comprehensive Ranking System. You can also apply under PNP program of the province you have studied in. The province would gladly call you as permanent resident.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and Canada’s current travel restrictions, many international students are not able to enter Canada at the moment. Time has not been good for everyone for a number of reasons. One such reason is that prior to the pandemic, distance learning could not count towards PGWP eligibility.
This changed shortly after the pandemic when IRCC made a series of announcements to enable online learning to count towards PGWP eligibility. The last major announcement came in May when IRCC stated online learning obtained up until December 31, 2020, could be counted when eventually applying for a PGWP.
In order to be eligible for these measures, students need to have submitted a study permit application before starting a program of study in the different semester programs. Students must be eventually approved for a study permit. Though the condition is not okay in the whole world but every country including Canada is on a roadmap to come back on its track with vaccination and other processes in full-swing.
So for the students willing to apply for a Canada Study Visa 2021are advised not to be reluctant and can start their preparations of applying for the Canada study visa2021. There might be travel restrictions as of now but the maple land is continuously working in full-swing to offer all the desired services and facilities to the students and immigrants. So you need not worry about wasting your academic year any more as, if nowhere else, you can choose to take admissions in Canadian universities.
Canada Study permit 2021allows the international student to come and study legally on the permit. Once accepted, you may proceed to apply for a study permit. Along with the application itself, you will be required to submit certain documentation, as well as meet all requirements set by the Canadian government.
In order to qualify for a study permit, you are required to meet the following eligibility conditions like:
1. Having a letter of acceptance from an educational institution
2. Prove that you have money for the duration of your stay in Canada to pay your tuition fees, and living expenses for yourself and accompanying family members.
3. Be law-abiding and have a good moral character
4. No record of any criminal activity
5. Not be a risk to the security of Canada
6. Be in good health (complete a medical examination, if required)
Also, you may require to produce any additional documents requested by the officer to establish your admissibility.
There are four stages for applying for Canadian Study Permit and they are:
1. Check your eligibility: Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements for a Canadian study permit. You will need:
1. Prepare your application: If you meet all eligibility requirements then you can start to prepare your study permit application. Make sure that you have gathered all documents required for your country. If you are unable to meet the required documents, the immigration officer may reject your application. To be maximum sure of getting a positive response, it is suggested to take assistance from a qualified immigration expert!
2. Submit your study permit application: There are two options for submitting your application, first is electronically creating an account on the IRCC website and by scanning electronic copies of documents. Secondly, submitting a paper-based application by gathering hard copies of your documents and mail them.
3. If your study permit is approved, come to Canada! At this time, you may or may not get your permit (depending upon your documentation). If your permit is approved, the Canadian government will issue you a Port of Entry (POE) Introduction Letter. You must show this letter to the immigration official when you arrive in Canada to get your study permit.
The processing times for study permits vary greatly depending upon different visa categories and most importantly your country of residence.
The fastest processing time is 1-2 weeks, but some applicants can expect to wait as long as 16 weeks. As the Canadian government receives a high number of applications, the processing time might vary because of this too. If you’re applying close to the beginning of Canada’s academic year, chances are you may experience delays so it is suggested that you start the Canada Study Visa process as soon as possible.
Know the different ways of faster processing times by connecting with our study visa experts!
As every contract comes with its terms and regulations, the same is with the Canadian Study Permit visa. There are certain terms and conditions attached to a Canadian study permit. You must respect these conditions in order to retain all the benefits of studying in Canada.
1. Enrollment at a designated learning institution (DLI)
2. Enrolled as a part-time student, or a full-time student if studying in Quebec
3. No authorised leaves longer than 150 days from your program of study.
Also, there can be other regulations as well depending upon the different study visa category you applied.
It is essential to understand and respect the terms of your study permit. In doing so, you will be able to attain maximum study abroad experience in Canada. It is also said that those students who respect the terms of their study permits also have a better chance of being granted a post-graduate work permit.
Well, not at all! The good news is that studying in Canada is affordable and thus, many students prefer selecting Canada as they go to their study destination. Canadian tuition fees are generally lower than those in Australia, the US and the UK.
The roughly average annual tuition for an undergraduate international student in Canada is CAD 27,159. And if you compare this with any American university it will come as USD 45,950. The cost of living in Canada is much more lesser than any of its developed country counterparts be it USA or UK. And mind it, the cost of living is also an extremely important factor.
Also, Canadian universities are too generous in giving out scholarships. So in roughly about the same expenditure, you can study in international universities. Isn’t it great? Many private universities are minting money from students on pretext of various useless services. So why not invest in quality education?
Yes, absolutely! The bright-eyed students who are capable of scoring sky-rocket marks and are a genius in their field can surely grab a seat in the Canadian college or university and study there for free! This is possible due to plenty of scholarship opportunities for international students who want to study in Canada. However, the opportunities will depend upon your field of study or research and your country of origin.
Are you eligible for any scholarships? Ask our experienced study visa experts today!
Language assessment is a key factor if you want to study in Canada. This means that you need to be proficient in English or French.
Canadian post-secondary schools set their own conditions of language skills of international students. The language requirement score may vary from one school to another.
Hence, thorough research is needed to know what are the specific requirements for your program. Some schools even allow you to complete English courses after you begin your course.
Some international students are also exempted from providing proof of their language skills. If you are from an English-speaking country or have studied in English, then you may not have to take IELTS or any language assessment test.
Each school set its own language requirements. It is important to check the specific requirements of the school where you want to apply. Anyday is the best time to apply for Canada Study Permit provided you are so sure of applying for the course and college. If you truly desire something, make sure to achieve your goals! After all, only this matters!
Oneclick visas is a leading consultancy for study visa to Canada. If you are planning to go abroad for your studies in 2021, then apply now! Our visa and immigration experts can help you in deciding the right visa category for starting your career life in Canada! Pandemic or no pandemic Canada has always been the supporter of immigration and different visa categories. So hurry and apply today!
Request Free Consultation
IMMIGRATING TO CANADA MEANS A SETTLED LIFE, IMPROVED LIFESTYLE AND A BETTER PAY AT WORK! IF YOU DREAM TO HAVE A SOOTHING LIFE LIKE THIS, THEN COME AND SPEAK TO OUR EXPERTS NOW AND START WITH YOUR IMMIGRATION APPLICATION. WE SHALL DISCUSS YOUR CREDENTIALS AND START WITH THE RIGHT VISA OPTION SUITABLE FOR YOU. YOU CAN ALSO CALL US TO GET YOUR CRS SCORE CALCULATED.
Google - 450
Facebook - 2300
Sulekha - 150
Trustpilot - 60
Youtube - 83K
Google - 450
Facebook - 2300
Sulekha - 150
Trustpilot - 60
Youtube - 83K
Oneclick Visas is India’s most popular visa and immigration consultancy that laid its foundation brick back in 2007. Our consultancy offers various services in the field of immigration and visa processing such as IELTS preparation, overseas job placement assistance, express entry filling and many more. Globally, we have different branches in countries like Canada with over 1000+ immigration staff engaged to provide you the most hassle free experience. Overall, we have 40,000 happy clients that are settled in Canada and are living their best life. We are pioneers in providing Canada Express Entry Visa, Work Permits, Study Visas, etc. Call us now and we shall mentor you to increase your immigration score for a faster visa approval. So give us a call today!